Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
What is an Official Artist Channel and how can I get one?
Having an Official Artist Channel may increase your visibility on YouTube and allow you to organize your own content better. Your channel will also be marked with a musical note symbol to signify that you have an Official Artist Channel.
The following are further benefits of having an Official Artist Channel:
- Organized content: Your discography can be found in one place on your Official Artist Channel, together with any additional content that you have uploaded to YouTube. Furthermore, you’ll be able to organize your channel according to your own tastes with different sections and playlists.
- Promotion: Choose the content that you’d like to display when your listeners and followers land on your channel.
- Fan engagement: Have one official presence on YouTube where your fans can find everything they need. A verified channel will display the musical note badge to signify to your fans that they’ve come to the right place.
- Artist Profile: Personalize your Artist profile on Youtube (description of your Official Artist Channel, biography)
How can I get a YouTube Official Artist Channel?
To be eligible for an Official Artist Channel, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Own and operate a YouTube channel that represents one artist or band with at least one public video uploaded prior to the OAC request (Personal Channel)
- Have at least 3 official releases on YouTube delivered and distributed by a music distributor or label
- Have no policy violations or strikes on the Personal channel.
Please note: Through this process, it is only possible to submit a request for an Official Artist Channel when no issues are present and it's possible to provide all required details.
If you are an iMusician customer and meet the eligibility criteria of the program you can submit a request for an OAC through this form.