Digital Music Distribution
Sell your music online with iMusician and reach hundreds of international shops like iTunes, Deezer, Amazon, Beatport and Spotify.
How it works
iMusician makes it easy to sell, manage, and monetize your music online globally.
Upload your tracks
Our simplified design makes it easy to upload and release your music.
We send them to the stores
From major platforms to genre-specific shops, high-res retailers and local stores around the globe, we’ve got you covered.
No minimum payout, no annual fees, and multiple payout options make it easy to get paid.
Everything you need at a glance
Over 200,000 independent artists and labels trust iMusician to distribute their music. Here’s why.
Upload and pay once, get cash forever
No annual fees to keep your music in stores. No annual renewal fees to get your cash.
No minimum payouts
You keep every cent. No matter how much, you can withdraw your full balance each month.
Everything to manage and track financials
Track sales, streams, and revenue with clear dashboards or dive deeper with spreadsheets.
We speak your language
Our international team offers quick support in English via email within 24 business hours.
Reach hundreds of shops
It’s easy to get heard when your music’s in all the right places. From Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon, to Beatport and Traxsource, as well as hi-res retailers and popular regional shops, we’ve got you covered.
Expert tools to take you higher
"iMusician is a unique music distribution company that specializes in the kind of careful, conscious, hands-on involvement with the artists they distribute in a way that is uber rare in today's climate. In a saturated world where putting out independent music can be daunting and overwhelming; the young, hip, passionate, personable, and approachable music-marketing-guru iMusician staff make putting out music a career building adventure."
"Working with iMusician felt good for us right from the start, so we release our music exclusively through iMusician. We have a personal contact person who knows our music and requirements very well and who supports us professionally at all times."
"iMusician fits our dynamic release strategy, has a team of competent professionals and impresses with a reliable and transparent service."
"It's important for me to know the people I'm working with, even more if they distribute my music. That's what I like with iMusician: the team is very friendly and their door is always open to help artists, receive feedback, and enhance their services."
Packages for you
Developed by our Artist and Label Managers, specially priced bundles, based on successful release strategies, give you extra momentum and the right exposure.
Explore for free
Create a free account today and see why more than 200,000 independent artists and labels trust iMusician to sell and monetize their music online. No credit card required.
Reach fans all over the world
Free, quick, and easy set up
Personal support in English within 1 working day
Sell and stream your music on 200+ online shops, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Beatport, Deezer, Traxsource, and more
Pay only once per release, no recurring fee*
Release with our label for free (or create your own label)
Promote your release with a power suite of tools
*This does not include our Pro Unlimited subscription plan, which is billed annually.
How can we help you?
You're in safe hands
- Swiss company established in 2013;
- Helped over 100,000 artists;
- Deliver more than 6,000 releases a month;
- Simple terms and conditions;
- More time to focus on what you do best – making music;
- Own your data and cancel whenever you want;
- Take down your release from the shops anytime, free of charge.
- Dedicated customer support in five languages;
- Real people answer in your own language, within one working day;
- Sell in all major online platforms;
- Sell in 200+ smaller niche and local shops to reach your fans everywhere;
- Access genre specific shops like Beatport and Tidal, Hi-Res-audio shops like Qobuz and special services like Shazam;
- Free ISRC and barcodes for your release.
Earnings and royalties
- Request a payout via PayPal or bank transfer as soon as you received your income;
- No minimum payout amount needed.
- Pay only once per release;
- Choose your commission level;
- No recurring annual fee for your release.
….Or choose Pro Unlimited subscription and:
- Pay a flat annual fee and publish unlimited releases;
- We take 0% commission of your net income;
- Free customer service on the phone and many more free services;
- No take down fees if you decide to cancel.
- Audio files
In what format do I upload my music to iMusician?
We only accept WAV files 44.1 - 88.2 - 96 kHz, 16 - 24 bit
What's the maximum size per track I can upload?
The maximum size for a track is 1 GB.
Many shops, including Apple Music (iTunes) and Spotify, have very strict policies on artwork they will accept to be sold or streamed from their site. If your artwork does not meet their standards, we will be unable to distribute your release. To ensure your release complies, be sure to follow the guidelines, below.
Cover artwork, do's and don't's
The artwork must meet the following requirements:
- minimum 3000 x 3000 pixels;
- JPG or PNG and sharp when viewing it on 100%;
- RGB colour mode.
- We recommend adding the artist name and the release title on your artwork especially if you use an artist picture or generic landscape pictures.
- The artist name and the release title do not have to be added on artistic works.
We do not accept:
- blurry and pixelated images;
- website URLs;
- social network symbols;
- email addresses;
- pornographic images;
- copyrighted images.
To help you, we’ve created a PDF with artwork guidelines. You can use this for your own reference, or share it with your graphic designer. Download it here .
In order to deliver your music to the platforms, we need you to list the artists performing in your release and the composers. Check our article Who are the contributors and what roles and credits can I give on my release?
Please note that iTunes and other shops also display the copyright owners.
We offer 3 different delivery options to port your music to the platforms:
- Standard delivery (2 weeks): Free for all release plans;
- Express delivery (1 week): €20 for Starter and Regular; free for Rockstar and Pro Unlimited;
- Priority delivery (2 to 4 business days): € 40 for Starter and Regular; € 10 for Rockstar and Pro Unlimited.
We are happy that you’re considering redistributing your music with us.
Before you do that, please contact your current distributor and ask them to take down your content from all stores, since moving your content while it’s live is not possible.
After this has happened, you can create your releases once more with us.
Don't forget to insert your original ISRC codes when you upload your release on iMusician, in order to keep all your stats and playlist entries.
For a label switch on Beatport please consult the Online Shops category.
No, you can’t distribute your release with another digital distributor at the same time, but you can use a different digital distributor for other releases.
Couldn’t find what you are looking for? Our support team will answer all your question!