Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
Apple Style Guide requirement for bands
Apple Music/iTunes recently updated their guidelines, introducing a major change in the metadata requirements; from now on all band members/musicians performing on a track must be listed with their instrumental roles. This task is pretty simple and can be done directly in your dashboard:
- Select the track you want to edit;
- Scroll down to the Performers section;
- Click on “+”;
- Type the name (it's recommended to provide full legal name here);
- Select the instrument from the list;
- Keep adding new performers then Save and close.
- If you don't want to release you music on iTunes/Apple Music you could consider skipping the aforementioned steps.