Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
Apple style guide requirement for bands
Apple Music / iTunes recently updated their guidelines, introducing a major change in the metadata requirements.
From now on all Band Members / Musicians contributing on a track must be listed with their instrumental roles.
This task is pretty simple and can be done directly in your dashboard:
- Select the track you want to edit
- Scroll down to the Performers section
- Click on “Add Band member”
- Start typing (Please remember to always provide full legal name here)
- Select the instrument from the list
- Keep adding new performers then Save and close
If you don't want to release you music on iTunes/Apple Music you could consider skipping the aforementioned steps.