Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
How can I be sure that my release will be published on the correct artist profile?
Have you ever wondered what happens if you want to release your music and someone else already has the name? Do you know how to avoid your music ending up on the wrong artist profile? Here's what you can do for Spotify and Apple Music/iTunes:
1. When you create your release you’ll be asked to add an artist name:
2. Once selected, you can tell us if you already have an existing artist page on Apple Music/iTunes and on Spotify:
3. If you state that you already have an existing artist profile, the system will show you the list of all the artists matching that name, so you will be able to find yours. To confirm it's you, both Apple Music/iTunes and Spotify will show the last release distributed on your artist profile:
4. If you do not have any existing artist profile, simply click “no” and we’ll make sure that a new an artist ID gets created for you.
5. When you are done, click on “Create new artist”.
Please note: This process only applies to Spotify and Apple Music/iTunes. For other platforms, unfortunately we cannot link your artist name to a specific artistpage. In case you notice that your release was attributed to the wrong profile, please contact us and we'll take care of it.
Keep in mind that the best way to avoid getting your music assigned to someone else's profile is by choosing an artist name that isn't already taken!
Couldn’t find an answer?
Get more answers from other independent artists and our team of experts.