Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
How to take down a release or deactivate the Content ID?
Requesting a Takedown for a release
Requesting a Takedown is free of charge (except for takedowns from specific shops or territories, which costs 10€). To request the takedown of a release, please follow these steps:
1. From your release library, open the release that you want to take down and click on “Manage” in the “Music Distribution” section:
2. Click on “Take down my release”:
3. Write the email address associated with your iMusician account, and click on “Confirm”. Please note: this process can NOT be reversed:
The status of your release will be updated to “Takedown request processed”. You will also receive an email confirming that the takedown is being processed. Please note that the status of the release will still be “Takedown request processed” after the release is taken down.
Your release will be removed from the online shops within 2-4 weeks.
Requesting a takedown for the Content ID
The process above is only about the musical content. If you want to take down the Content ID, please follow these steps:
1. From the track library, select the track(s) for which you want to remove the Content ID and click on “Takedown from CID”:
2. Write the email address associated with your iMusician account, and click on “Confirm”. Please note: this process can NOT be reversed:
You will receive an email confirming that the takedown process is being processed.
The Content ID will be removed within 2-4 weeks.
Couldn’t find an answer?
Get more answers from other independent artists and our team of experts.