Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
What do I need to release and distribute my music with iMusician?
In order to distribute your music with iMusician, there are 3 things you need to check:
☑️ Audio files
1. Audio files
In what format do I upload my music to iMusician?
We only accept WAV files, 44.1 - 88.2 - 96 kHz, 16 - 24 bit.
❌ 705 kbps = 8Bit wav
✔️ 1411 kbps = 16Bit wav
✔️ 2116 kbps = 24Bit wav
❌ 2822 kbps = 32Bit wav
What's the maximum size per track I can upload?
The maximum size for a track is 1 GB.
Many shops, including Apple Music (iTunes) and Spotify, have very strict policies on artwork they will accept to be sold or streamed from their site. If your artwork does not meet their standards, we will be unable to distribute your release. To ensure your release complies, be sure to follow the guidelines, below.
The artwork must meet the following requirements:
- minimum 3000 x 3000 pixels;
- JPG or PNG and sharp when viewing it on 100%;
- RGB colour mode.
- We recommend adding the artist name and the release title on your artwork especially if you use an artist picture or generic landscape pictures.
- The artist name and the release title do not have to be added on artistic works.
We do not accept:
- blurry and pixelated images;
- website URLs;
- social network symbols;
- email addresses;
- pornographic images;
- copyrighted images.
To help you, we’ve created a PDF with artwork guidelines. You can use this for your own reference, or share it with your graphic designer. Download it here.
Still need help? Check out our "How to make an album cover" tutorial for more details!
In order to deliver your music to the platforms, we need you to list the artists performing in your release and the contributors. If you have doubts regarding this topic, check out our detailed article.
Please also note that:
- iTunes and other shops display the copyright owners (© for the artwork and ℗ for the recordings);
- Apple Music / iTunes now request that all Band Members / Musicians performing on a track must be listed with their instrumental roles.
Please check our dedicated FAQ article to get further informations on the Apple Music / iTunes guidelines.
Couldn’t find an answer?
Get more answers from other independent artists and our team of experts.