Can’t quite find what you are looking for? Try searching for a solution instead.
How do I release my music on social media?
Just select “Facebook Instagram” or “TikTok” in the "Delivery" section of your release and the delivery to Facebook / Instagram and/or TikTok (depending on what you selected) will be automatic:
Though you can post your release on Facebook, please note that we cannot monetize at the moment.On Instagram, given that the preview of a song lasts max. 15 seconds, Instagram stories do not generate any income, but they can be used as promo material.
Lyrics can be added to Instagram stories. However, since they fall under another set of copyrights which we do not manage as a music distributor, you will have to upload them yourself.
To do so, create your account (or log in if you already have one), for free, on Musixmatch. If you need more information about how to use Musixmatch, please follow the steps below:
- Sign up as a verified artist on Musixmatch;
- Sign up on Musixmatch.com and then Get verified;
- Add or verify lyrics on Musixmatch;
- Download the Musixmatch desktop or mobile app to add your lyrics.
More detailed info here.
3. Linking Instagram profile to Instagram "Music" Stories Artist page and Facebook Stories
If you want your audience to be able to reach your profile on Instagram and/or Facebook stories, you can connect your Instagram profile to your songs. To do so, please provide us with:
- Link of Artist profile on Instagram/Facebook;
- Barcode(s) of the corresponding release(s);
- ISRC code(s) of each track in the release(s).
We do monetize your music on TikTok. Please note that streams are counted per "usage" of the track and not per "plays" or "views" You can see the revenues from TikTok in your monthly sales report.
2. Track length availability
Following TikTok’s last update about the length of its videos, all new releases that are sent to TikTok will be available up to 60 seconds. Please note that these 60 seconds start from the “Preview clip start” that you selected when you created your release with iMusician:
3. Did you get the “This sound isn’t licensed for commercial use” error or you can’t find your release in the TikTok soundbank?
This happens because you are probably using a business account and TikTok doesn’t allow business accounts to use mainstream music anymore. You can overcome this issue by switching to a “Creator” or “User” account. You can find more information about these 2 accounts here.
4. My video was muted. What should I do?
When you create a video on TikTok you can use up to 60 seconds of your iMusician tracks, starting from the selected pre-listening point.TikTok will automatically detect any other portion of the audio file outside these selected 60 seconds as copyrighted and mute the video. To fix the issue you will simply have to create a new video, select the same audio from the TikTok Audio Library and follow the aforementioned guidelines.